Dr. Alexander Ezzati
Board Certified Acupuncturist and Herbalist
- Bachelors Degree in Muscular Kinesiology at Cal. State University Northridge. Having a passion for the human body and how to treat different ailments not using pharmaceutical drugs, Alexander began his journey into Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Further studied Acupuncture and Herbology for 4 years in San Diego CA.
- Alexander traveled to China and volunteered in Chengdu Hospital in southern China under Master Acupuncturists and Herbalists.
- Acquired his degree in Tui Na (Chinese Medical Massage) to combine with his acupuncture treatments.
Today Alexander has returned to his community in Encino, CA where he has many roots and has been practicing and helping people for close to 10 years
- Very fine, medical grade needles are inserted into specific points on the body for approximately 15–20 minutes.
- Treatments are usually painless and most patients become deeply relaxed
- Single acupuncture session lasts approximately 45-60 minutes. The length of the treatment depends on the condition being treated, as well as the individuals’ response to the treatment.
- Number of treatments needed? Depends on the condition being treated, but generally range from 2-8 treatments to see results
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- TCM herbs may be used alone
- OR used in combination with other treatments like acupuncture and or moxibustion to best address your ailment.
When used properly and prescribed by an Acupuncture herbalist, herbs are extremely effective yet safe with typically little to no side effects.
- A medicinal moxa herb is lit on fire and placed close to the appropriate meridian/body part to be treated
- Particularly useful in the cold season, when chronic ailments like arthritis, pain, and allergies are more prominent.
- Treatments are pleasant and soothing
- Moxibustion uses the herb Mugwort Leaf
- Moxa is mainly used for cold conditions which is why it tremendously helps for fertility
- Ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) technique that aims to remove disorders that are caused by blood stasis. It involves the placement of heated glass cups on specific points of your body.
- Cupping provides relief in the area of tightness and pain along with helping decrease the severity of headaches, migraines, neck and back pain.
- Cupping can also help with many sleeping disorders.
Tuina (Massage Therapy)
- Tuina is an Oriental Bodywork Therapy that has been used in China for 2,000 years.
- Tuina uses oscillating and pressure techniques to increase the circulation of energy and Blood in order to promote healing and relieve pain.
- Tuina is especially useful for treating bodily pain, headaches, migraines, and can also be used for certain sleeping
- It is NOT used as a simple relaxing massage.